LIVE!

We’ve added some new music to the Music Catalogue section of our website. It’s a limited edition four song EP called LIVE!. It was originally released by BMG in 1992. It’s a very nice little document of one of our favourite tours: the Black Eyed Man tour that we did with John Prine. The EP includes a duet between Margo and John on “If You Were The Woman And I Was The Man”. When John first heard this recording he commented, “man, you guys are swingin’ like the Goodman orchestra”. High praise. Also included on the EP is a darn good version of the Flying Burrito Brothers “Hot Burrito #1”. This is a tricky little number and I don’t think we ever did it again after the Black Eyed Man tour. You can listen to the whole EP for free and if you like it….please buy it….Of course, if you have purchased a Clubhouse Subscription you can go into the Clubhouse section and download the EP for free….There’s lots more music to come over the next several months (including three brand new albums) so please sign up for a Subscription if you haven’t already. It’s good value for your hard earned dollars and it helps to keep the website growing and the music flowing.

Tags: , ,

This entry was posted on Sunday, September 12th, 2010 at 9:26 am and is filed under news. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

7 Responses to “LIVE!”

1. Darren Says:

September 12th, 2010 at 12:05 pm

I saw this tour in Vancouver. It was the first of five or six times I’ve seen the band, and the version of “Sweet Jane” was kind of a shocker. Accustomed to the muted, whispered tones of “Trinity Sessions”, I didn’t realize Margo had such remarkable pipes until then.

2. Barry Plumer Says:

September 13th, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Yes!!! The Clubhouse subscription pays off once again!! Thanks Mike & the band. Peace

3. Greg Says:

September 14th, 2010 at 8:20 am

I saw this tour at the Pantages Theatre in Hollywood (I think that’s what it was). My girlfriend and I were the first ones there and were sitting in front of the doors when the tour bus pulled up. Margo came strolling out in a sundress and sandals and immediately walked up to us. She asked, “Do you need tickets for the show?” We said we already had tickets and mumbled something about how we were such big fans. Margo asked what we would like to hear and I asked for “Driving Wheel.” Sure enough, they played it. Many years later in 2007, my wife and I saw CJ again. Once again, they played “Driving Wheel” by request. Keep making music. Be well.

4. Ed Sawyer Says:

September 14th, 2010 at 10:11 am

Wow! This is one of the (if not *the*) most amazing CJ versions of Sweet Jane I have ever heard. Hell, it’s worth getting the subscription just to get this song. Amazing rendition of it, really – hopefully someday they will do it like this again in concert when I am there. Bravo!

5. Don Says:

September 15th, 2010 at 10:42 am

I was fortunate enough to not only attend the New Haven show from this tour, but to stumble on the original EP release when it came out. This EP is one of my favorite Cowboy Junkies cd’s; I pull this one out alot. A great souvenir of a great show. Highly recommended!

6. Ron Hollatz Says:

September 15th, 2010 at 2:54 pm

If they would only use FLAC instead of mp3….

7. greg knox Says:

October 1st, 2010 at 12:11 pm

I have seen the cj’s on every tour that has hit my town or nearby since the mi 80′s and want to thank them for giving me such great memories.