Demons, Volume 2 – available really soon…(kind-of)…

Okay…here’s the lowdown. We finished Demons before we headed off to Europe and it’s all set to be unleashed on the world through the website. The good news is that our current partners in North America and Europe are excited about it and want to release it through their distribution systems as well, but the bad news is that they have certain lead times that they need to adhere to and the earliest that they can get it in to their systems is February 15th. They strongly feel that if we release the album through our site three months before they do, it will take away a bit of the momentum that they would like to try and build up before its release. So we are following their wishes.

But we will be releasing the album (digitally and on CD and vinyl) through the site on Jan 15th, one month before the official release, and we will be starting a pre-sale on the album with all sorts of pre-sale incentives (including a seven-song bonus EP) in the next couple of weeks. Also, in the next few days, we will be making the album (and the seven song bonus EP) available, digitally, to our Clubhouse Subscription holders. Yes, we know that this isn’t exactly fair and that it favours those that can afford the subscription fee, but we, like every other band out there, are trying to figure out how to keep afloat in this crumbling business and, for now, the Clubhouse Subscription is a large part of our business model and we are trying to come up with some shameless ways of enticing those on the fence to leap off and buy the subscription. It’s not a perfect plan but we are floundering around in this new digital world just like the rest of you and we trying our best. In the meantime, we will continue to blog about the album and post music from it and hopefully keep you all interested until January 15th….ok, let the recriminations begin…..

Tags: , , , ,

This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 30th, 2010 at 1:50 pm and is filed under news. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

15 Responses to “Demons, Volume 2 – available really soon…(kind-of)…”

1. Andy Says:

November 30th, 2010 at 2:22 pm

A brand new album from my favourite band 3 months before I’d get it via normal channels – how can anyone complain about that – Clubhouse Subscription proves its worth again. Thanks!

2. kathleen and mike Says:

November 30th, 2010 at 3:22 pm

this is like Christmas!!!! Thanks Mike,Margo,Pete,Alan,and Jeff…COunting the minutes until we get the new vinyl

3. Ben Says:

November 30th, 2010 at 8:01 pm

You guys should set up a monthly clubhouse subscription contract. Some of us college students are dirt-poor but could afford a dmsller monthly fee culminating in a clubhouse subscription. Just a thought. Otherwise, I guess I’m waiting until January. :’-/

4. RaeAnne Says:

November 30th, 2010 at 8:19 pm

How about making the Clubhouse Subscription available to those of us who don’t have credit cards?

5. Cowboy Junkies Says:

December 1st, 2010 at 10:34 am

Hi RaeAnne:

Kind of hard to do, but I have an easy solution for you – buy a gift debit card with a MasterCard or Visa logo on it!

6. RaeAnne Says:

December 1st, 2010 at 11:43 am

how would I go about doing that?

7. Barry Says:

December 1st, 2010 at 1:09 pm

What Great News!! I strongly encourage anyone to join the Clubhouse and plan to re-up when this ones through. Wishing you the very best Mike, Margo, Pete, and Jeff!!! Keep that music comming ’cause it keeps me going- Peace

8. Cowboy Junkies Says:

December 1st, 2010 at 2:39 pm

RaeAnne:

You can buy prepaid Visa cards at Bank of Montreal, Royal Bank, Canadian Tire, Shoppers Drug Mart. And probably a lot of other places. They’re similar to gift cards, pre-loaded with whatever amount you buy, and then can be used just like a credit card.

9. RaeAnne Says:

December 1st, 2010 at 2:53 pm

thank you. I’ll look into that.

10. Kathleen & Ryan Says:

December 1st, 2010 at 6:04 pm

Very excited about new album!! Will a tour soon follow?? We are in Toledo, OH and have seen you several times in the Toledo/Ann Arbor, MI area. We love your music and would love to see you again.

11. Heather Says:

December 6th, 2010 at 8:03 pm

Barry,
    What about Al? Although, it was rumored that he had contracted the Baltic Plague, I think that he is still alive and part of the band….lmao…….

12. Barry Says:

December 9th, 2010 at 12:41 pm

Heather- thanks for the oversight on my part best wishes AL too, are you sure he didn’t come down w that Copenhagen cough, that’s the rumor I heard- Mike?

13. Rick Wallach Says:

December 9th, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Well, that horrible intrusion of boreal air that sank temperatures down here in Macondo into the mid-40s has receded, leaving my backyard citrus and mango trees relatively unscathed. I watched its inexorable progress southward on the weather channel for two days and figured that it MUST be carrying the download key for Demons to the faithful clubhouse subscribers of the tropics. The damned system looked so…so…DIGITAL on the weather map. Contrary to my suspicions, though, it left my inbox empty and proved to be neither some newfangled postmodernist music download nor harbinger of that new, distinctively Canadian business model Mike has been searching for. I am deflated.

14. Matt (Diverse Records) Says:

December 10th, 2010 at 1:34 pm

The pressure is on now, that Jan 15th release date is in print! The artwork is sorted, the album is cut and we’re awaiting test pressings. Search for us on Twitter if you want updates!!

15. t.kahl@b01-consulting.de Says:

December 13th, 2010 at 1:57 pm

The “Demon” release made me buy the subscription – clever newsletter short before christmas! Though i already own every official release, i’m happy that I’m a member now. Just listening to “Demons” – really great. Best Christmas “gift” i can think of.

All the best from Germany!