Sing In My Meadow, volume 3 – Hunted

A few days after we returned from New York we re-convened at The Clubhouse to do some more wailing and gnashing. A few hours was all it took to finish off the recording. We’re going to give the tracks a rest and then revisit them in a few weeks to decide whether we need to go back in and re-work some things. We also decided to take a pass at Hunted while we were all gathered and our amps were set on stun. In many ways it is the template for much of this album. The song has evolved on stage so much over the last decade and a half that the studio version that we have on Pale Sun, Crescent Moon seems irrelevant at this point. I think we captured its current spirit and venom with this take….here is a board mix.

Make sure to check out the first blog post for Sing In My Meadow.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 8th, 2011 at 11:30 am and is filed under news. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

6 Responses to “Sing In My Meadow, volume 3 – Hunted”

1. William Ball Says:

March 8th, 2011 at 4:24 pm

You just continue to amaze. That’s all I can say…

2. kathleen and mike Says:

March 8th, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Holy Crap Bob and we thought we had a copy of the best version of Hunted…Mike and the band had all of fooled, this is amazing. AS Kathleen can tell you when it is played at a show we are at, it sends me to a place far into the head. This is by far my Favorite CJ number, and now Hopefully the Clubhouse Subcription will give me another gift a Download of this version or hint, hint add it a bonus track to Sing In My Meadow.

3. Rick Wallach Says:

March 8th, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Mike, is it your intention to include this track on the album? Don’t leave McShane in suspense like this – combined with all the caffeine to which he exposes himself, the effects would be unpredictable.

4. Mike Bruce Says:

March 9th, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Brilliant version, thanks for sharing it with us.Got a funky kind of riff to it. I Love It x

5. James Says:

March 22nd, 2011 at 6:18 pm

I caught myself doing some toe-tapping to your wailing and gnashing . . . :)

6. Linda Says:

March 28th, 2011 at 10:19 am

Wailing and gnashing with an etheral voice, my version of heaven