No Sleep Till……..Beijing?

We’ve been working on this gig for a few months and I don’t think that any of us thought that it would actually happen. But tomorrow we head off to Beijing for a few days of sightseeing ending with a gig on June 5th as part of  The Kama Love Festival, which takes place in the Olympic Park. How amazingly awesome is that….there are a lot of ups and downs in the life of a working rock band, but occasionally you hit an “up” that just lifts you through the freakin’ roof. Beijing here we come….I’ll of course be blogging about the whole experience, so check back daily.

This entry was posted on Monday, May 30th, 2011 at 3:37 pm and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

8 Responses to “No Sleep Till……..Beijing?”

1. Rick Wallach Says:

May 30th, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Well, I did my best to get to this one but the airfare and hotel prices and dates just didn’t square up. Such is life, as Ned Kelly famously said as they tightened the noose around his neck. I hope that at least someone will record this gig somehow. Have a great trip, guys – then come home and mix us a fine “Sing in My Meadow.”

2. Heather Chandler Says:

May 31st, 2011 at 9:20 am

Well I hope you all have a great trip….I can’t wait for you all to get back on the road here in the U.S. I need my junk fix…lol…stay safe and I can’t wait to read all about your adventures…
    Heather

3. Froog Says:

May 31st, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Welcome to Beijing! I hope you have a great time here. We are predicted to have some dazzling weather this weekend.

I’m so glad I found out about this event just in time. It hasn’t received much (ANY?) publicity here in expat circles, and I might very well have missed it. Haven’t seen you guys play since a gig at the Shepherd’s Bush Empire theatre in London about 10 years ago. Long overdue another dose!!

4. Rick Wallach Says:

June 1st, 2011 at 9:06 am

Froog: great that you’ll be there. Please make a point of coming back to the Cowboy Junkies Forum and posting a review of the show in the “Last Night In…” section. I’m sure everyone here would really appreciate that.

5. James Says:

June 1st, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Take your time going but hurry back. Be safe and have fun. I’m ready for Sing in My Meadow. PS – Are you going to be able to bring back some really good fireworks?

6. justinchina Says:

June 2nd, 2011 at 2:30 am

The Expat Proletariat of China Salute your Concert playing efforts, and we are very excited to see you this weekend. If i bring my Vinyl Renmin Park album cover…which MUST be the only one in China… can i get it signed???

7. blairwoods Says:

June 2nd, 2011 at 2:41 pm

The band will be signing autographs from 8:15 pm to 8:30 pm after their set, so yes; you can get it signed!

8. Froog Says:

June 5th, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Well, I hope the show went well; but I didn’t get to see it. That was about the worst organized event I’ve ever been to. There was NO WATER FOR SALE. And no readmission. On such a hot, dusty day, I wouldn’t have survived the three hours I did if one of the market stallholders hadn’t taken pity on me and given me one of his bottles. Just crazy – people were leaving in droves by mid-afternoon.

I’ll try to get my friend KP, who did tough it out to the end, to write something for the forum.