Sing In My Meadow, volume 3 – My Little Basquiat

I know that we promised Volume 3 as accompaniment for those long summer road trips and then we amended that to late summer road trips, well I need to amend my amendment. The album is mixed, mastered and ready to go: eight songs, forty minutes of wailing and gnashing. But we need time to get all of our ducks in a row…internet ducks, US ducks, UK ducks, Canadian ducks, vinyl ducks…you know…ducks. And its very difficult to line up ducks in the summer time. So it looks like we won’t be making Sing In My Meadow available until October. So instead of a soundtrack for your summer road trip you can use it for your annual Leaf Peeper journey…..not exactly appropriate, but whatever.

We’ve also put together a five song bonus EP of some live tracks that we recorded during the Paths Taken tour. Here is My Little Basquiat from a Park West show. Sorry for the delay folks, we’re running in place as fast as we can…enjoy the music.

Here are some earlier Sing In My Meadow blogs:

Introduction

Hunted

Songwriting Demos

Jeff Bird

Late Night Radio

3rd Crusade

This entry was posted on Monday, August 8th, 2011 at 4:28 pm and is filed under news. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

7 Responses to “Sing In My Meadow, volume 3 – My Little Basquiat”

1. James Says:

August 8th, 2011 at 6:33 pm

That’s OK – better late than never. I still can’t wait, but I will. I’ll just plan on using it as accompaniment for my Leaf Peeper journeys, winter slide-rides, spring forays, and then for next year’s long summer road trips. Rest assured that I won’t forget to bring along a bunch of my other CJ CDs as additional accompaniment. PS – LOL . . . ducks . . .

2. Sean Kasky Says:

August 9th, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Well I’m pissed.

I mean, this is complete bullshit. You guys need to stop breaking your promises. When I’m told I’m getting four albums in 18 months then damn it, I want four albums in 18 months. I already know every word, every riff, and every background vocal on Remnin Park and Demons, down to the unbelievably brilliant use of the hi-hat in Wrong Piano. (Fuck, that gets me like nothing else!!!) Think I sound crazy? It gets worse: Once I accidentally crashed my hard drive and lost my download of the Demons Bonus CD, I was immediately on the phone and then, finally, writing an email to your representative at Cowboy Junkies Office in a fucking panic. She was awesome. I think her name was Lisa. Anyway, I write to her and I’m like, “Lisa, you’re not going to believe this but I bought the Demons Bonus Disc from your site and now I’ve totally crashed my hard drive and I’ve lost everything I had. I know it sucks but here’s my credit card number and will you please just resend the tracks to me?? If it helps at all, Aimee Mann replaced an album for me, too.”

It took a couple grueling days during which I was almost like, “fuck it. I’ll just buy a new one” but I figured it was only fair to give Lisa a couple days to get a hold of Aimee Mann. Then, sure enough, I finally got an email from Lisa advising me to backup my files in the future. Then, the files started coming in. I felt renewed.

As I’m sure you know, we have no choice but to forgive you this “unforeseeable delay”… we’ll call it. The summer album that didn’t come out due to the fact it was hard to put out an album in the summer. I must say this really kills the theme. I can’t recall ever hearing anyone mention meadows after October (or ever for that matter). I’ll look into this Leaf Peeping thing but man, I’m from Los Angeles. There are harsh laws against things like that.

3. jon.6 Says:

August 11th, 2011 at 3:25 pm

excellent version of Basquiat… the album will be worth the wait

4. Rick Wallach Says:

August 12th, 2011 at 10:40 am

And as we all know, you gotta put down the duckie if you wanna play the saxophone.

5. Kathleen & Mike Says:

August 13th, 2011 at 6:57 am

6. Linda Says:

September 8th, 2011 at 7:14 am

I am rocking to this version. Cannot wait for the album but it will be worth it.

7. john Says: